Doctors Without Borders / E-Commerce Donation Application
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontiéres (MSF) is an international organization that delivers emergency medical aid to people in need. We handle the web development side of their U.S. donation engine and help to optimize their online fundraising initiatives.
In Collaboration With:
- MSF USA and global marketing and IT teams
- M+R for donation page designs
- TrueNorth for donation page designs
- ROI Solutions for donation data management
We stepped-in to take over the operation and optimization of the existing U.S. donation engine technology from another company that was under-performing. We fixed a range of technical and operational issues, stabilized the platform, migrated to and configured a highly available web hosting architecture, and have played an important role with the MSF USA marketing staff to significantly increase online donations.
The donation system is complex with numerous landing page variations and a high-volume of transactions processed annually. Each landing page includes specific marketing layouts, graphics, copy, and other techniques optimized based on analytics to maximize donations. One-time, monthly and corporate donations are accepted along with customized e-card and postcard acknowledgements for Tribute designations. A full suite of reporting tools rounds out the application.
The system integrates with CyberSource for payment processing and ROI Solutions, the database of record, for all transactions.
We also developed a successful mini-app for taking donations via feet-on-the-street volunteers using iPads that track the volunteer names, locations, and other pertinent details.
Unique Technical Features:
- High performance, load balanced architecture
- Multiple tracking scenarios for various campaigns and systems, such as Advanced Google Analytics and Air Miles
- Multiple, redundant API integrations with ROI Solutions and Cybersource for various payment methods
- Customized, high performance pages available on-demand for immediate emergency donation requests
- Cross domain tracking between main site and donation engine sub-domain