TV Insider / Entertainment Website and CMS for TV Enthusiasts
TV Insider, published by TVGM Holdings, LLC, parent company of TV Guide Magazine, is an online guide to must-see TV programming with behind-the-scenes content from the sets of popular shows and the people who create them. We built the website along with a custom CMS to manage the content.
In Collaboration With:
- TV Insider marketing and IT teams
- The Wonderfactory for site design
We built a content-rich website for TV Insider staff to present breaking stories and shared content from TV Guide Magazine. The website presents content organized into popularity lists, binge guides, curated playlists, genres, related stories, and other ways for site visitors to easily locate show information of interest to them. The site is ad supported integrating DoubleClick for Publishers for serving ads within the site structure and content of each page.
A custom CMS enables editors to easily post and schedule news stories, add content tags to relate similar stories and enhance visitor searching, crop images on-the-fly from within the CMS, and add proprietary videos from their JW Platform account along with external video content from YouTube and Vimeo.
In addition, we provided support and consultation to source and set up a load-balanced hosting environment at Rackspace.
Unique Technical Features:
- API integration with JW Platform, YouTube, Vimeo, and DoubleClick for Publishers
- Unique workaround method devised to utilize JW Platform API to seamlessly pull external YouTube and Vimeo players and videos
- Custom built ad database and PHP library to store DoubleClick for Publishers ad definitions and output ad spots on each page
- Custom built image tool to crop, resize, and upload images as a standalone tool functioning outside of CKEditor